The electronic engineer will be proficient at translating high level requirements into specific device design requirements, and will be able to support the other development teams with rapid prototyping.
This is an opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading IoT companies. Wearable Technologies Limited (“WTL”), which was founded in 2014. Initially co-funded by BP, has developed an end-to-end Connected Worker Solution, which has the smart garment, hardware, software, firmware, and data analytics capabilities needed to deliver an end-to-end platform to large enterprise customers in the utilities, construction, logistics and transport industries. Our solution is marketed under the name Eleksen (www.eleksen.com) . The Eleksen solution enables the real-time monitoring of workers which improves worker safety and their health and increases productivity.
WTL has recently been acquired by Canadian industry leader Blackline Safety Corp based in Alberta Canada which wishes to rapidly expand WTL’s activities around the worldBlackline Safety is a publicly listed company on the Toronto stock exchange (TSXV: BLN). Its website can be found at www.blacklinesafety.com.
Are you an experienced, passionate professional looking for a new challenge? We are a technology company set to create a shift change in the digitisation of health and safety and productivity to connect and protect workers around the world. With applications across a variety of industries, we are looking for someone who will work in our core projects team to help us to make the working world a safer place.
You are self-motivated and driven for progressive and continued learning. You can work as part of a team but also take a proactive approach and can work off initiative. You are flexible and adaptable to a varied and changing workload.
The Eleksen Connected Worker platform architecture consists of a number of wearable devices on each worker, wirelessly connected to a common cloud computing and storage system. At each individual worker there is local data collection, storage and processing, as well as near real time communication with other workers, on-site supervisors, and remote management. At the cloud there is remote data collection, storage and processing of individual and aggregate worker data, as well as integration with other business systems and 3rd parties. As part of the team the hardware engineer will further develop and improve our in-house hardware products and develop new products from idea stage though prototyping into manufacture, including hardware (mechanics, electronics).
Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Translate high level requirements into specific device design requirements
- Support the other development teams with rapid prototyping
- Design and prototype electronics systems
- Design and prototype embedded software
- Liaise with other development teams to ensure a complete system design and delivery
You will have/be:
- Experience of PCB design using Altium
- Experience delivering functioning small battery powered consumer hardware solutions
- Skills in low power electronic engineering for embedded devices
- Skills in hardware design and manufacture
- Experience with wireless communications, particularly LTE protocols
- Prototyping and problem-solving skills
- Experience with embedded software and hardware
- Customer engagement experience
- Understanding of relevant standards such as IP ratings, CE marks, EMC etc
- Some knowledge of PCB design and manufacture
- Experience with GNSS
- Ideally some experience of using IoT technologies in a commercial project
To apply for this job please click here